With Exclude list plug-in installed, you can exclude profiles from a certain campaign. Let's say that you are interested in connecting with people, but you want to make sure people who work in a specific company or from a specific location won't be targeted.
You have a few ways of achieving that:
- Collect people directly into the "Exclude list" of your campaign.
- Exclude already collected profiles from your campaign.
- Excluding via the LinkedIn profile page.
- Excluding via the profile page in CRM.
- Difference between Exclude & Excluded.
Note: you need to have Exclude list plug-in installed to have Exclude list available.
Collect people directly into the "Exclude list" of your campaign.
You can create a search with people, who you want to be excluded from the campaign and collect them to the "Exclude list" of your campaign.
To do this:
- navigate to the "Campaigns" menu, click on "Add" button near Exclude list and select "Choose source":
- or manually navigate in your campaign to the "Exclude list" of the campaign and click "+" button to add contacts and select the source from where you want to collect profiles (Since we want to create a specific search of excluded people, we select LinkedIn Search page):
- create your search with people you don't want to be in this campaign, then:
- click on "Collect" near "Exclude"
- select "...from current page". Basically, you can first manually navigate to the page with people you want to exclude from the campaign and then click on "Collect" drop-down button and choose "...from current page" against the "Exclude" list:
- As soon as Linked Helper starts to collect profiles, you will be able to see the progress under the "LinkedIn" menu:
Once profiles were collected, you can review them or manage if needed: How to manage profiles in Linked Helper?
Now you have profiles in the "Exclude" list of the current campaign which won't be collected or processed further. If some of the profiles that you just collected to "Exclude list" were already in your "Queue", they will be moved to the "Excluded" sub-list of the action, and the campaign will be finished for them:
Next time when you go to populate "Queue" of your campaign, Linked Helper won't even collect profiles which are in the "Exclude" list of the campaign, such profiles will be skipped during the collecting process:
Exclude already collected profiles from your campaign.
You can view and edit your "Queue" in Linked Helper. For example, you collected a list of profiles but you still want to preview it and exclude people you don't want to target:
- Click on "Queue" in the left "Campaign" menu or select "Queue" of certain action in the "Workflow" tab:
- sort profiles by filters if needed and select them all or manually select the profiles you don't need, then click on "Exclude" (for e.g I want to exclude profiles who have "Growth" word in their deadline, so I filter them using options on the right side):
- those profiles end up in the "Excluded" sub-list of the 1st Action and won't be moved further through my campaign, and they won't be collected into any action of the campaign either:
Excluding via the LinkedIn profile page.
You can also exclude single profiles from your campaign. Let's say you are manually browsing the pages of people from your search or after collecting them and you find a single profile you want to add to the "Exclude list".
Linked Helper allows you to collect that profile to the "Exclude list" directly by collecting "Single profile".
Just click on "Add" near Exclude when you are on someone's page, and "...collect from current page"
Excluding via the profile page in CRM.
You can install Built-in CRM plug-in to have access to all profiles ever collected into Linked Helper.
If you open the profile page in CRM, on the left side you will be able to see all the campaigns where the profile was processed or added to. If the profile was only added to the campaign Queue, you can see the Exclude button near Added to campaign record when campaign history is expanded. It is possible to exclude a profile from the chosen campaign:
In case there is no Exclude button, it means the profile was already processed in an action, but you still can add the profile to the Excluded list from this page:
- Click Add to button below profile avatar;
- Choose a campaign from which profile should be excluded;
- Choose Exclude list of the campaign;
- Click Add button:
Difference between Exclude & Excluded lists
they won't be collected to any queue
they will be marked as excluded for the whole campaign
profiles will be marked as excluded of this Action
profiles will be added to the global Exclude list
profiles will not be processed in any further actions
There might be a situation when you need to exclude the same profiles from more than one campaign. You can easily do that by selecting the needed profiles or all of them in the Exclude list of one campaign and add them to the Exclude list of another:
Please, keep in mind that the Excluded list of Campaign Lists tab contains excluded profiles of all actions, while the Excluded list of an Action contains profiles excluded only from a particular Action.
- this list should not be confused with the campaign Exclude list.
- deleting (via Delete button) profiles from the Excluded list does not delete them from the Exclude lists, and at the same time deleting profiles from the Exclude list does not necessarily mean deleting them from the Excluded list
If later, after reviewing and excluding some profiles out of the Queue you change your mind and decide to return profiles back to the Queue, the easiest way to do that is to select them in the Excluded list and click Return to Queue button (you are able to do that from the Exclude list as well). As a result, profiles will be deleted from both Exclude and Excluded lists and added to those action Queues where they were excluded from.
You can try the software for free during 14 days - download it and activate a free trial.