A self-managed dedicated server is a good choice if you want to manage many (6 or more) LinkedIn accounts. If you want to rent a VPS (virtual private server) for a smaller amount of Linked in accounts, please, check this article.
This article can help marketers to build an army of robots that will be working 24 / 7.
Note: in this article, the particular case of renting a self-managed dedicated server on Windows OS for running Linked Helper 2 from 1&1 Ionos provider will be reviewed. In general, choosing this exact server provider is not mandatory, you can choose the one you already use or find another server suitable for your purposes.
- Rent a server
- Set up your server and Remote Desktop connection
- Install Linked Helper on your server
The instruction below assumes that you have neither Ionos nor a Linked Helper 2 account.
Rent a server
- Open https://www.ionos.com/servers/amd-servers
- Choose the optimal option and click Configure. In this particular case, I am going to manage 10 LinkedIn accounts so the optimal choice according to hardware requirements is AR6-32 SSD:
- Configure your server:
- Operating system: Windows.
- System and version management system: Windows Server 2019.
- Data Center location: as per your wish. I chose Germany for test purposes and because it's the nearest location to me.
- Cloud backup: you can add automatic backups, but in my case, they are not needed.
- Click Continue
- Double-check your Cart and if everything is OK click Continue again:
- You can create a new Ionos account or log in to an already existing one.
- I chose the second option to create a new account:
- Fill in the payment details and finish your order.
- Later you may need to verify your identity by providing relevant documents to the Ionos security team.
Set up your server and Remote Desktop connection
Open cloud panel
- Once the procedure of verification is finished, you will receive a confirmation letter. You need to open My Ionos web page and choose the product:
- You will be redirected to the Ionos Cloud panel. Go to Infrastructure => Servers
- Choose your Server to see more details. You can check the server's status, IP address, Backup status if you purchased that option, etc. Mine is still being deployed.
Once deployment is over, I can get connected to it. There are two options to access the server: via RDP (stands for remote desktop protocol) and via KVM Console.
Connect via RDP
- Once the server is started (1) you can access it via Remote Desktop connection (2):
- If you're accessing the dedicated server from a Windows device:
- Click the Download link (3) and save the file to your Desktop, you can use it for future connection sessions to the server;
- Open the downloaded file via double-click;
- Choose Connect in the popup window (it's better to check the Don't ask me again for connections to this computer option as well)
- enter the Initial Password (4), check Remember me option, click OK:
- Click Yes if Windows asks you whether you want to connect despite the certificate errors (it's better to check the Don't ask me again for connections to this computer option as well)
- Congratulations, you are in!
- If you are accessing the dedicated server from macOS, please, use the official Microsoft Remote Desktop app from App Store (use the Host IP address, User name, and Initial password as credentials).
- If you are accessing the dedicated server from Linux, then you can use Remmina (a remote desktop client for POSIX-based computer operating systems) to access the dedicated server using the Host IP address, User name, and Initial password as credentials.
Connect via VNC Console
If for some reason you cannot connect to the server via RDP, you can access it via VNC from almost any browser. In order to do that, please:
- Choose your server and click the Actions button:
- Click Access VNC console:
- You will be redirected to the console webpage. Click the Send Ctrl+Alt+Del button in the upper right corner:
- Enter the Administrator password, i.e. Initial Password you have in the cloud panel:
- You are in:
Install Linked Helper on your server
Once you're logged in for the first time, the Server Manager program will be opened. By default, Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration is enabled and you will be asked to add a website to the Trusted site zone each time you open it for the very first time. You can temporarily disable this setting in order to make navigation easier:
- Go to Local Server
- Under the Properties section find IE Enhanced Security Configuration, click On to open the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration dialog.
- Disable both options in the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration dialog (you can enable them later again if needed):
Now here is what you need to do to install Linked Helper:
- Download and install Chrome browser. Being outdated browser, Internet Explorer won't be able to open the Linked Helper login web page.
- Open our website: https://www.linkedhelper.com/ in Chrome.
- Click the Login button at the top and create a Linked Helper account (if you're trying to log in via the Internet Explorer and not being redirected to the registration page, please, download and install Chrome web browser instead and try to log in again via Chrome):
- Once you're in your Linked Helper account, click Download:
Click on the OS you use on your machine (Windows) to download the installer.
Install Linked Helper: click on the downloaded file and choose "Open" / "Open when done" or simply navigate to your "Downloads" folder and run the installation by double-clicking "linked-helper.exe".
- Run the program via Shortcut on your dedicated server Desktop:
- Log in to your Linked Helper account via Linked Helper 2 standalone program you have just installed.
- Add a LinkedIn account as per this article: LinkedIn Accounts menu (p. Add a new LinkedIn account)
- If you already worked with Linked Helper on another PC, you can move the data from the local PC to VPS if needed: How to backup & restore your Linked Helper data
Here are some more useful articles from our blog:
- With Linked Helper you won’t be banned: how to automate LinkedIn risk-free
- How to build marketing on lies: Anti-advice for fierce competition tactics
You can try the software for free during 14 days - download it and activate a free trial.