When sending a message or searching for a reply, Linked Helper 2 opens a chat with a person for scraping messaging history thus marking received replies as 'Read'. That caused some difficulties when a user wanted to check replies manually, considering several LinkedIn platforms where each one has a separate messaging inbox. This feature is really helpful for sellers who use Sales Navigator subscription and regular LinkedIn in daily communication - Linked Helper for Sellers
Please note that:
- Every platform in LinkedIn (regular LinkedIn, Recruiter, or Sales Navigator) has its own Message inbox; if a message was sent in one platform, it is not available in the other;
- Linked Helper scrapes chat(-s) only from the platform (regular LinkedIn, Recruiter, or Sales Navigator) through which a profile is being processed, it doesn't check all of them when sending a message or looking for a reply.
That is in the past now as the Linked Helper Inbox menu allows you to keep track of replies in one place:
By default, Linked Helper shows you only unread messages. The number of unread replies is shown next to the profile's name (1). You can mark it as read (2) and Linked Helper will show you the next unread message. Once all the messages are marked as 'Read', this profile will be hidden from the view, but you can always filter profiles by the 'Read' status of their messages (3).
If you want to see the whole messaging history, just click the following button:
- 'Visible replies' line means that all messages below that line are visible for Linked Helper Actions and were detected as replies, hence the profile was moved to the replied list. If you return the profile with a visible reply back to any messaging or Check for replies action, then the profile will be again moved to the Replied list since the program detects the message that's is below the 'Visible reply' line.
- 'New messages' line means that all messages below that line were not marked as 'Read' by the user and will be displayed by Linked Helper in the Inbox by default.
- 'Mark as read' button does what it says and moves the red line below the reply.
- 'Ignore reply' button marks all 'Visible' replies above it as those that should be ignored and not detected the next time the profile is processed in the messaging or Check for replies action.
Messaging history is automatically scraped either from the regular LinkedIn or from the Sales Navigator inbox when Linked Helper is about to send a message or when it's checking for replies. Since those platforms have different inboxes, there could be several chats with one person. If you'd like to see them all, you need to click the profile's name and navigate to the Messaging history tab on the right:
Here are some more useful articles from our blog:
- Best LinkedIn cold prospecting messages: 8 examples + free tool to automate outreach
- How to sell automatically in LinkedIn private messages & personalize them
- Best 20 LinkedIn connection messages for sales & top automation tool
You can try the software for free during 14 days - download it and activate a free trial.