- Create a new campaign
- Filter and collect leads
- Review campaign
- Run the campaign
Using this template, you can collect all your 1st-degree connections and scrape messaging history you had with them any time in the past in any LinkedIn platform - regular LinkedIn, Sales Navigator, or Recruiter.
- only PRO license allows you to download messaging history into a CSV file or send it to web hook;
- messaging history is scraped only once, it is not auto-updated every time you start chatting manually with a person processed in the campaign;
- chats with several participants are not scraped;
- to scrape or update messaging history of a recent chat, you need to add a profile to the Queue (or retry it if it was already processed) and start the campaign.
Create a new campaign
- In the Campaign menu, click plus button to create a new campaign, choose "Scrape messaging history" template, click Create and follow the steps:
- The 1st steps explains basic info about the campaign:
- By default, Linked Helper process profiles via the platform they were collected from. If you collected your profiles from regular LinkedIn but want to scrape their messaging history from Sales Navigator only, you can change the platform in this step. Learn more here:How to change LinkedIn platform for processing profiles
- Regular LinkedIn, Sales Navigator, and Recruiter have different messaging inboxes, which means if a message was sent in Sales Navigator, it does not appear in Regular LinkedIn or Recruiter inbox. If you have any other platform apart from regular LinkedIn, you can scrape messaging history from its messaging inbox as well. You need to untick the check box and choose the needed platform:
- On a PRO license, it's possible to download or send it via a web hook to any other third-party system:
Filter and collect leads
Once campaign is created, Linked Helper offers you to add leads to the newly created campaign.
Note: Linked Helper doesn't have its own filters for collecting from LinkedIn it uses those of LinkedIn search, hence you need to finely filter profiles in LinkedIn search to get most qualified leads - How to filter and collect profiles via Linked Helper
For that, you need to:
- Click Continue button:
- Choose source. We will be collecting from LinkedIn, so you need to click on LinkedIn website:
- You can collect all your 1st-degree connections in one go from My network page:
- Once redirected to 'My network page', click collect profiles button:
- Once collecting is over, you can review collected profiles and the workflow or start your campaign
You can check the collected contacts in the Queue list:
There you can:
- exclude (with Exclude list plug-in installed) some contacts in case you for some reason do not want to invite them - How to exclude contacts from a campaign in LH 2?;
- delete them;
- tag them (with Tagging system plug-in installed);
- download to create a file with custom variables and upload them into LH2 (with Custom template variables plug-in installed).
Check this article for more info: Managing profiles in Linked Helper 2
Review Actions settings
Let's overview the campaign workflow and Actions' settings. For that you need to click Campaign menu and navigate to the Workflow tab:
In the Workflow tab you will see one or several Actions depending on how many platforms you'd like to scrape messaging history from. In our case, there are no other paid LinkedIn subscriptions, so there is only one action:
- Scrape messaging history - opens LinkedIn Inbox page and searches chats with a profile to scrape their history.
Every action can be enhanced with plug-ins providing extra functionality - Plug-in Store.
Run the campaign
Start the message broadcast by clicking the Start button:
Later, you can export information for successfully processed contacts as a CSV file:
Unfortunately, MS Excel doesn’t support CSV files in the same way as .xslx files. But I still able to open any CSV file with MS Excel:
You can try the software for free during 14 days - download it and activate a free trial.