LinkedIn allows you to invite your 1st-degree connections to join a group you are a member or manager/admin of.
Here is what we need to do:
- Create a new campaign
- Filter and collect leads
- Review campaign
- Run the campaign
Create a new campaign
- In the Campaign menu, click plus button to create a new campaign, choose "Invite 1st connections to group" template, click Create and follow the steps to create a needed amount of messages that will be sent to group members:
- Add a link to group you're a member of:
- Linked Helper will be inviting connections to join group via messages first, only after that it will attempt to invite via the native LinkedIn functionality.
- You can always skip messaging, in that case, Linked Helper won't send any messages, but only invitations via LinkedIn 'Invite to group' feature:
Filter and collect leads
Once campaign is created, Linked Helper offers you to add leads to the newly created campaign.
- Linked Helper doesn't have its own filters for collecting from LinkedIn it uses those of LinkedIn search, hence you need to finely filter profiles in LinkedIn search to get most qualified leads - How to filter and collect profiles via Linked Helper;
- Linked Helper can collect ALL 1st-degree connections from "My network" page, even if there are more than 1000 profiles.
For that, you need to:
- Click Continue button:
- Choose source. We will be collecting from LinkedIn, so you need to click on LinkedIn website:
- You can collect all your 1st-degree connections in one go from My network page, but there are no filters there. You can use LinkedIn, Sales Navigator, or Recruiter search pages to filter profiles by the criteria you need. Let's choose regular LinkedIn:
- You will be redirected to LinkedIn or other platform search page after clicking the "Load page" button:
- As it was already mentioned, Linked Helper relies on LinkedIn filters and simply collects all fetched profiles, so you need to make sure you utilize them to the maximum and precisely filter out profiles you wish to send messages to:
- After applying all the required filters, begin collecting process by clicking ‘Collect’ in the left menu and choosing the ’from current page’ option:
You can check the collected contacts in the Queue list:
There you can:
- exclude (with Exclude list plug-in installed) some contacts in case you for some reason do not want to invite them - How to exclude contacts from a campaign in LH 2?;
- delete them;
- tag them (with Tagging system plug-in installed);
- download to create a file with custom variables and upload them into LH2 (with Custom template variables plug-in installed).
Check this article for more info: Managing profiles in Linked Helper 2
Review Actions settings
Let's overview the campaign workflow and Actions' settings. For that you need to click Campaign menu and navigate to the Workflow tab:
In the Workflow tab you will see several Actions depending on whether you've set up invites via direct messages. In our case, we have one action with text message invitation and one action with native invite feature:
- Message to 1st connections - sends the invitation message with link to the group.
- Check for replies - monitors replies to the messages sent via the previous messaging Action.
- Invite to group - sends invitation via native LinkedIn functionality. Profile will receive a notification about the invite, not a direct message.
Every action can be enhanced with plug-ins providing extra functionality - Plug-in Store.
Run the campaign
In order to start the campaign, click Start campaign button in the left menu or click Start button at the top:
Once the campaign is started, you see that the campaign's status has changed to Running. In the LinkedIn menu on the left side, Linked Helper will show you when the next step will be performed, as well as what that step is and what profile to be processed.
Please, note that if Linked Helper starts visiting the profile page before inviting it to join a group, then this means the name and surname used for searching invitees are absent in the CRM record, hence Linked Helper must visit the profile page in order to collect such info.
You can try the software for free during 14 days - download it and activate a free trial.