Some languages require gender-specific greetings for men and women. Like Madame and Monsieur in French. This workaround is helpful for recruiters who are actively searching for candidates in different countries.
Although LinkedIn doesn’t show gender on the page, we can work around this using just 2 things:
- Third-party services for defining a gender of a name, for example, Gender API (https://gender-api.com), Namsor.app (https://namsor.app/), or their competitors.
- Custom template variables plug-in — this Linked Helper functionality allows you to create and add your own custom field besides most commonly used first_name, last_name, company, position. Using this tutorial, we will create a “gender” variable.
Ideally, what we want to achieve in our list is having each message with Madame or Monsieur prefix based on the gender or the recipient:
Off we go!
- Create a campaign - How to create a new campaign in Linked Helper
- Collect contacts into Linked Helper 2 (please check detailed instruction on how to add profiles to your campaign)
- Now go to the "Queue" of "Campaign" menu, "Select All" => "Download" and choose "MS Excel" as delimiter:
- Go to a third-party service that helps you define name gender and create an account. I chose https://gender-guesser.com. What I did:
- Uploaded my CSV file;
- Chose to define gender by full name to get more precise results;
- Chose full name column;
- Confirmed selection;
- Processed the file;
- Downloaded the results.
- Open downloaded file in Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel - How to Import CSV files into MS Excel
- Review the results and correct them if needed. Then delete all columns except for public_URL and gender name ones.
- Rename gender name column into 'cs_gender_name'
- Replace 'female' and 'male' values of cs_gender_name column with 'Madame' and 'Monsieur':
- Make sure Custom template variables plug-in is installed, go to the Queue of the campaign and upload custom variables from the file:
- Now we can navigate to "Workflow" of your campaign, check that our custom field is available for the message and set up a template:
- As you would see in the preview by clicking "Preview Message", the message that goes out contains the correct greeting:
You can try the software for free during 14 days - download it and activate a free trial.
Official website Our blog YouTube Facebook Instagram WhatsApp Email: firstname.lastname@example.org