How it worked previously
In Linked Helper messaging sequence, a profile, who replied anything to your message, is moved to the Replied list which is the end point for the profile in the current workflow. Usually, that's what most of the customers need as they then follow-up with the lead manually:
Some replies may be not important or are just a part of small talk, hence they can be ignored without any effect on the conversation. In such cases, for example, when a lead says 'Thank you for the invitation', 'Happy to connect', or 'I'll be happy to talk further with you.' it's better to continue the automated sequence.
Previously, returning the profile back was not an easy task to do as for that, you'd need to disable reply detection for all profiles in the Action, otherwise, the same reply would be detected again. Disabling reply detection can lead to messages sent to those who replied to you something that demands a manual response. Since Linked Helper was designed for Sellers, the above mentioned behavior wasn't convenient for them as it defeat partially the goal of automation.
The newly introduced functionality allows you to ignore replies so that the profile is no longer moved to the Replied list and the next follow-up message can be sent.
For that to happen, you need to:
- Find the profile in the Replied list of the Action where the reply was detected:
- Select the profile and click the corresponding button (pay attention to the popup with description), depending on what action detected the reply:
If you're checking replies from the Linked Helper Inbox, you need to (make sure that Inbox plug-in is installed):
- click profile's name:
- navigate to the campaign history tab where you can find the campaign and the action which detected the reply.
- After that navigate to the Action's Replied list and return the profile back to the Queue as per the steps above.
In case you spot the reply in the Campaign Replied list, you need to:
- find the Action where the profile is located:
- navigate to the Action's Replied list and return the profile to the Queue as per the two steps at the beginning of this section.
The profile will be either returned to the Queue and receive a message if retried from the list of messaging action, or it will be moved to the next action queue with the detected reply ignored next time.
Things to keep in mind
- A reply is ignored globally across all Linked Helper campaigns.
- Multiple replies from one profile are ignored one by one, i.e. if a person sent you 'Hello' and then 'How are you?' a moment later, then only 'Hello' will be ignored. 'How are you?' and other phrases afterward will be detected as replies unless the latest reply is ignored from the messaging history in the Profile's card:
Here are some more useful articles from our blog:
- How to start a LinkedIn conversation: Guide to top communication channels 2022
- How to sell automatically in LinkedIn private messages & personalize them
- Best 20 LinkedIn connection messages for sales & top automation tool
You can try the software for free during 14 days - download it and activate a free trial.